Sunday, December 11, 2011

Blogging is weird

I had decided, after years of never-having-blogged, that blogging is weird.  

Maybe it's only weird to me.  Every time I think of starting a blog, I want it to be two conflicting things.  The first is a sort of personal idea journal--some way by which my ideas are transformed from messy thoughts into sequenced, logical sentences, for my own benefit.  A process akin to the extrusion of noodles from dough.  Often those noodles are thoughts that I want to share, which is where the conflict comes in.  If it's a personal journal, why publish it?  

Before today, I never had a satisfactory answer to that question, so the grandiose blogs remained uncreated and the fabulous posts remained unwritten.  (How many of you wake up in the middle of the night with a great name for a blog? I personally have never done that, so if you have, you're all alone).  

Today, however, I've found my answers, and maybe blogging won't be so weird after all.  


1 comment:

  1. I'm intrigued! Excited to hear your musings. Yours is one of my favorite brains to pick.

    ReplyDelete